Here are the answers:
- Hoisin sauce is a condiment used in the preparation of Crispy Aromatic Duck, Peking Duck, and several other dishes. In Cantonese, what is the literal meaning of hoisin?
In this case the name refers to the type of food the sauce was originally intended to be eaten with, not what it’s made of!
- In TV culinary terms, which of the following is the odd one out? A bonus point for knowing why.
- Nadia Sawalha
- Matt Dawson
- Sue Cook
- Liz McClarnon
The other three have all won Celebrity Masterchef: Matt Dawson won the first in 2006, followed by Nadia Sawalha in 2007 and Liz McClarnon in 2008.
- In culinary terms, what is a financier?
- A small French pastry/cake
- A pork and sage pie
- A bag of chocolate coins
- A meatloaf made with poultry
It’s a kind of French sponge cake, similar in size and shape to a fairy cake, made with ground almonds or almond flour.
- What is the main ingredient in a tin of original flavour Bird’s custard powder?
- Dried egg powder
- None of the above
Surprisingly, it doesn’t contain either sugar or dried egg powder.
- What was the first name of Mr Colman, who created Colman’s mustard in 1804?
You can find out more about Jeremiah Colman and the mustard that made his fortune on our sister website:
British Expat Magazine: Colman’s Mustard
How did you get on?