Here are the answers:
- What is (a) makisu?
- A type of rice wine, like sake
- A small Japanese vegetable knife with a curved blade
- A bamboo mat used in food preparation, particularly sushi
- A tea said to have health-giving properties
- Along with Caroline Conran and Sir Terence Conran, which chef/writer was a co-author of The Conran Cookbook first published in the UK in 1997?
- Alastair Little
- Simon Hopkinson
- Nigel Slater
- Shaun Hill
- From which of the following countries does the sultana originate?
- A “cup” of white sugar is the equivalent of how many ounces?
- 8 oz
- 7 oz
- 6 oz
- 5 oz
- 4 oz
(Measuring dry goods by volume rather than weight has always struck me as a daft idea – how does the recipe author know how dense the particular brand you’re using is? – but it can be convenient if accuracy isn’t crucial. And if it is, I just get Mr Not Delia to do it. 😆 )
- Where was Sweeney Todd’s accomplice Mrs Lovett’s pie shop situated?
- Fleet Street
- Mitre Court
- Star Yard
- Bell Yard
How did you get on?