Here are the answers:
- What is a cazuela?
- A type of tapas tableware
- A small ladle usually used for olives
- A breed of sheep
- A paella without seafood
A cazuela is a small earthenware bowl which can be used to hold all sorts of tapas. Some cazuelas can be used to cook in the oven or even on the stove-top.
- Which of the following is the odd one out?
Three of them are rice cultivars (or varieties). Ambrosia is an apple cultivar, besides also being the name of a brand of tinned rice pudding!
- From which region does the wine Chateauneuf-du-Pape come?
- Côte d’Or
- Pays d’Oc
As the name suggests (“New Castle of the Pope”), the vineyards were founded at the time in the Middle Ages when popes had their seat in nearby Avignon.
- Who wrote Roast Chicken And Other Stories which was first published in 1994?
- Clarissa Dickson Wright
- Nigel Slater
- Simon Hopkinson
- Donna Hay
- Which of the following sherries is the driest?
- Palo cortado
Fino is the driest, followed in order by amontillado, palo cortado and oloroso.
How did you get on?