The food hygiene course which we orginally published on Not Delia has been updated and rewritten. It’s now published as a Kindle eBook on Amazon. (Due to Amazon’s rules about duplicate content, we’ve had to remove the course from the Not Delia blog.)
Broadly covering the same ground as the Royal Society for the Promotion of Health’s Food Hygiene Certificate – a required qualification for all commercial food handlers in the UK – this short book covers the essential points of food safety:
- the science of food poisoning: the main food poisoning bacteria, where they arise, how they thrive, how they poison food, and how to eliminate them
- hygiene in the kitchen: how to store and handle food safely, both raw and cooked
- personal hygiene: why hand washing is so important in preventing transmission of disease
- pest control: how to keep vermin out of your kitchen, and what to do in case they get in anyway
- kitchen layout and design: sensible workspace planning to avoid food contamination
- kitchen cleaning: how to stop your work surfaces, equipment and storage areas from becoming a haven for germs
If you would like to purchase the eBook, you can do so using one of the links on the right!
Not got a Kindle?
Don’t worry, you don’t need one. There are several Kindle reader programs, plugins and apps available at Amazon that cover most computers and smartphones.